In the fifth grade my friend Alissa and I used to get each other into laughing fits over some random thing that isn't funny at all. But if you say any word enough or catch a pronunciation wrong, or are just silly eleven-year-old girls lots of things in the English language are funny without reason to the innocent observer who is missing the private joke.
"I'm not funny," I was whining to my friends encouraging me to start a blog. "I need something clever. You guys have to help me come up with a title." Suddenly, everything ended with Burrito. Pink diamond burrito. Ralphie burrito. Fat farting burrito. Frieda burrida. As we sat watching the live telecast of the tree lighting ceremony in New York City Rockefeller Center making fun of Jessica Simpson singing "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause" much too enthusiastically that made us wonder what was really going on (and we don't think it was singing), we would randomly think of another phrase that went along with one of us then add 'burrito' at the end.
My roommate and I had been apartment hunting that day and were discussing the furniture situation. We recently saw two cool hanging chairs in Boulder we had planned to put in our living room. "How will we hang them?" 'From the ceiling. Duh.' "'You'll need to find a stud.'" "Yes, find a stud." 'Stud finder burrito!' *Laughter* Then in an exaggerated explanatory voice, "Get it? It's a stud and a stud. Like, it means two things." *silence* Then, quietly, 'Ya, ,we get it.'
My German Shepard, or my parents dog, is named Frieda. This morning when it was still a little bit funny, my buddy sent me another suggestion, Frieda Burrida. And I love my dog, even though she has hip problems. I actually feel really bad about it. Then there is my other little Jack Russell dog, Ralphie. Ralphie is white with a brown face and she could be a burrito with a bean leak on one end. Frieda doesn't resemble a burrito at all. But then again neither do black diamond ski runs. Do they? I think Frieda should have her own blog. I always tell people that that dog has more personality that ninety percent of the people on this earth. And she's smarter than about that many. I mean she still attacks skunks and stuff, but I don't think she cares if she stinks. But I don't think she would eat a burrito because she like meat. However, Ralphie snarfs down cheese like nothing else. She will eat anything if humans give it to her and pretend like it's good. Ralphie is an ADD actress. She will limp when you're watching, act like she's freezing so you'll let her in the house, eat a hotdog at the speed of a flying bullet. But when no one is watching, she is pretty chill. I'm on to my dog's little game. Ralphie is definitely more entertaining, but I like Frieda a little bit more even though she can't sit on my lap. She doesn't get white wirey hairs all over my pants, either. I'm not sure which one of my dogs would make my blog more exciting or which one would have better stories to tell. I think that Frieda would be the intellectual one with lots of feeling and sensitivity unless you were her instinctive enemy. If that is the case you are just dead-no questions asked. It's like the two big mob families- raccoons and German shepherds. Except the former needs to hire an outside species for a hit animal. Ralphie's blogs would be like a dramatic play with lots of flourish and grandeur emotion. But when you catch her backstage to fawn over her, you find her sleeping in her new love's lap. Ralphie is a little slut. She loves whoever is closest to love her.
For now I am satisfied with my blog name. But if you think of a better burrito let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment