Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Winter Haiku


Today, we both got in at 5:45 am, so I wrote A a haiku.  I started a week after him at the bank, and we’ve done the same job since we started.  Now that I sit right next to him, we still IM.  It’s easier than popping over two steps, and we can keep working.  It’s nice to have someone to share some of the random thoughts that pop into my head. 

Music, cars, politics, cooking, and even faith.  “Hey, what do you think about. . .?”  My favorite part of the day is when we type something that makes us both laugh out loud at the same time.  Or, I hear him start to laugh, which makes me laugh.  Or the occasional snort for something especially good. 

            A winter haiku:
             
            Vampire hours at work
             
            This sh*t doesn't write itself
             
            My skin grows more pale
             
            :D
             
AT:       Vampire hours = a sad existence. I'm used to getting to work in the dark... but when my headlights stay on during my commute home 'cause it's almost nighttime... that's depressing.

Me:     Such is life this time of the year

AT:       The lights over the sink in the gent's restroom are flattering in terms of making one look more tan... I think it's part of an evil plot to keep us here longer haha

Me:     Ha!  When I was home over Christmas, my 92 year old Irish Grandfather pointed out that he was more tan than me.  Sad fact.

AT:       Ouch that's rough....

Me:     It hit me kinda hard.

Later. . . 

AT:       I find that if I keep moving the whole time, having multiple things on my plate, I can keep the energy up. It's only when there's a slowdown, I'm hosed. 

Me:     Yep - if I switch back to a review . . . nap time

AT:       Kaboom....

Me:     face plant

AT:       Would be the sound of my head hitting my desk.

Me:     yep

AT:       It may send shockwaves.

            Were I to slow down.

Me:     I'll peak over to make sure you're still breathing

AT:       That's very thoughtful and public-spirited of you.

Me:     It's my nature

AT:       It's second only to your humility

Me:     Which is second only to yours

AT:       Which as we know is without parallel

Me:     I’ve had enough caffeine today to make a small dog explode.  Yap Yap Yap Poof! 




No comments: