It was so foggy today that I couldn't see across the street when I was working on the 4th floor this afternoon. The path continues on lower ground behind rows of houses with character that I imagine have wood floors and cozy dens. The fog settled down on me, and the temperature dropped a little as I went into the mist. Mid 40's temp. I was overdressed but my ears ached a little. Mental note to get a headband.
I turned around at 15 minutes exactly and felt good. I caught up with a girl in front of me at the same light next to the stadium. I ran next to the football stadium and then across on the diagonal sidewalk to finish at the concrete arch. I walked to Johnson St. then cooled down with a slow shuffle the last few blocks.
At the end, I had Christmas songs in my head. Their rhythm somehow matched my steps. My mp3 player has lost its ability to hold a charge, so I am running sans music until I buy an armband for my iTouch. I'm contemplating getting the Nike+ to track my workouts. I think it would keep me motivated for at least a week or two. Seems like it has been a year since I bought my last pair of Asics. Maybe a new pair is in order. New, fun stuff = motivation. Sometimes.
I saw lots, lots for a dreary March day in WI, of people out running. "Good job. Good job. Good job," my heart whispers.
No comments:
Post a Comment