There will inevitably be days. . . maybe a week. . . when running just seems so contradictory to your entire being. Nothing I write now to read later will make me run. Discipline is hard from one moment to another.
I am a novice marathon runner. I am doing this for myself. Continue to reject competition against any person.
I hadn't exercised since July before I ran two miles about ten days ago. But, I am still an athlete. I should act like one. I do not aspire to be a great basketball or volleyball player. I do not aspire to even be a great runner. I aspire to be disciplined.
I am not doing this to lose weight. Remember that when you want to eat because you ran. Eat for energy. Eat to fuel the run. Otherwise, make it normal. I do not need to be thinner. I need to be fitter.
One day at a time. One run at a time. One step at a time. Keep choosing the good stuff. This is fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment